So excited! We have cast 4 of the 14 actors needed for the Dirty Girls Social Club film trailer. I’m playing Lauren. Marya Beauvais is going to be Sara. Alma Sisneros is realizing Rebecca. Kiera Alexis Hidalgo is playing Amber. Now, we just need to find the other 10 actors! We are seeking local Albuquerque-area talent only. This is for a 3-minute short film trailer intended to give a glimpse of the film, story and characters to investors. If we raise enough money, and you do a good enough job, there is a good possibility that you will also be cast in the feature film itself.
Here’s what we’re still looking for. Please respond here if you’re interested or know anyone who is!
1. GATO – Mexican-American male, indigenous-looking, mid-20s, handsome aspiring mediocre rock singer. Arrogant. Pothead. Skater type.
2. GATO’S HOT FRIEND – African American male, handsome 20s or 30s. Skate punk, emo.
3. ELIZABETH – late 20s to late 30s, AFRO LATINA (think Zoe Saldana or Christina Milian) gorgeous, professional, very femme Colombian American. Closet lesbian. Scene involved same-sex kissing/making out.
4. SELWYN – butch white woman, late 20s to late 30s. Lesbian lover of Elizabeth. Academic poet man-hating type.
5. CHUCK SPRING – WASPY, goodlooking white male, 40s or 50s. Professional, Lauren’s boss, means well but is a legacy, someone who doesn’t quite deserve the job or success he has but has risen to the top because he’s Boston Brahmin. Brooks Brothers all the way.
6. USNAVYS – Plus sized (at least a size 16) lightskinned AFRO LATINA Puerto Rican glamazon, late 20s to early 40s. A little ghetto, thinks she’s classy. Professional, confident as hell. Boston accent. Think furs, fake nails, bling. Think JLo, only bigger.
7. JUAN – Loving, thoughtful Puerto Rican male, late 20s to early 40s. Usnavys’ longtime unappreciated amazing boyfriend. Community activist/organizer. Apt to wear a tuxedo t-shirt to a formal event. Buddy Holly glasses. Intellectual. Broke.
8. CASHIER – Bitchy jewelry store cashier, any age or sex. Must be elitist and mean.
9. ROBERTO – HANDSOME white (Cuban Jew) male, 30s, professional, polished. Rich, powerful, babyfaced, gorgeous, but with a secret — he beats his wife, is capable of murderous rage.
10. RACIST LADY – white woman of any age, must be condescending, rude.
11. Extras for a restaurant scene. Prefer fans of the book, who might be willing to look into the camera and say why they want to see this film made real.